Friday, June 12, 2009

Finally Friday

The end of a long and relatively uneventful week....FINALLY.

It has been quiet at both work and home with very slight momentary lapses into chaos, usually attributed to the grandson or my kids.

L's new job is going well, although i do miss our daily email conversations. Typically, we would exchange 10-20 emails daily, conversing back and forth about anything and everything. Sometimes the email exchange would escalate into an argument, at which point one of us would just say, enough and end the conversation by not responding anymore.

Her new job keeps her so busy that she barely has time to send me a one line email. She is grateful for being so busy and she has already impressed the hell out of her bosses for being so efficient in her duties. But she only gets 1/2 hour for lunch, and limited time to email, so we are both kind of going through withdrawals for not being able to stay in touch as much as we use to.

This will only be compounded next week when I am in Chicago and not able to be in touch with her until either early in the mornings or in the evenings.

Weekend is shaping up to be another busy one with my kids. My son's birthday is coming up in another week, so to provide equal representation on the b-day party front, we are having his party tomorrow afternoon. Not much, other than family, food, and presents. He will actually be at Boy Scout Camp on his birthday and I am planning on driving down with a cake and ice cream to surprise him and his troop.

Between baseball, b-day party, packing, mowing, laundry, and all the other shit that usually crops up on the weekends, I may not getting any sleep until Sunday night. Maybe going to Chicago is a blessing in disguise......Nah, just a chance for me to catch up on my sleep.

Have a great weekend all........

2 comments:

Samsmama said...

Look at the bright side, at least you won't be e-arguing any more. An ex of mine and I used to argua via text. So annoying.

Glad to hear L is enjoying her new job. That would have really sucked if she didn't like it.

Enjoy your weekend! Have a Happy Birthday party!

Chris said...

We showed up on the same "pervert list" over at Raising Stink, so I figured I'd drop by and say hello.

Enjoy your weekend!

Chris aka Pervert #5