Friday, May 8, 2009

Weary Traveler

Good afternoon to you all. I am finally back in the office, able to get back into some sort of regular routine after a whirlwind tour of the midwest by car.

According to Hertz, when i turned my rental car in this morning, I have driven almost 1,300 miles since MOnday morning, when i picked it up. That includes a trip to southeastern Iowa and back to STL, driving around STL Tuesday evening and Wed morning, then driving to Coffeyville, KS on Wed afternoon and back to STL last night.

THe trips were all work related and it was good to be out of the office and back in the field again, even if it was only for a few days.

L and I missed each other terribly and tried to communicate when we could, between meetings, work, kids, and sleep. But it seems like I inverably end up traveling to one or more places in the midwest that is void of any reliable cell phone coverage. It is like in the TV commercials; you are talking to someone, and constantly moving around the room or the parking lot trying to find just the right spot to get a clear and uninterrupted signal. On top of that, I was having trouble with my new bluetooth and it just made matters worse.

So here I am in the middle of BFE, trying to talk to my wife, not getting a signal, leaving messages (both voice and text) for her, and then it taking an hour or more for her to respond. Needless to say, I am wondering WTF is going on. I tend to do that alot. Need to learn to control the emotions.

Anyway, finally got home last night at 1030, to yet another steaming pile of excrement from one of her family. Not that we have to do anything, but just the fact that her brother has gotten himself into trouble, yet again and she is upset, makes it tough on us. Somewhere, sometime in the last 26 months since we have been together, we got appointed mediators and intermediaries for every fucking family crisis. Well that shit ends today.....they can all go suck on a tailpipe for all I care. I am not going to have L or I stroking out from stress and high blood pressure simply because everyone else is either too dumb, self-centered, or selfish to take care of their own shit and expect us to help them out. FUCK THAT SHIT. YOU ARE ALL ON YOUR OWN NOW DAMMIT.

On a brighter note, L and I have the weekend to ourselves again. We are meeting a couple tonight for drinks and maybe more. Then have a wedding to go to tomorrow evening. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Samsmama said...

Coffeyville, there's excitement.

Sucks that you have had so much family drama. Good for you for giving up your role as President of it all.

Enjoy your weekend! You guys certainly have earned it.