Thursday, July 16, 2009

Am I Cool?

I plagiarized this from Vixen Kitten, who swiped this from Dawg, because I am too damn tired, lazy, and busy to think up any original post for today.

L spent the night at the hospital with the “little bastard” and his mother because the little shit fell off the back of the couch; which he was sitting on after being told numerous times not to and to get down; and broke his left arm right about the elbow. He is currently at the one of the children’s hospitals awaiting surgery to pin the bone back together. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep either and so I am working on about 2 hours sleep here folks. Help a brother out and don’t be too critical.

Now on with the show…..

1. What is your occupation right now? Environmental Loss Prevention Consultant.

2. What color are your socks right now? Blue, I think, or maybe black. It was early and I still had eye boogers in and so I couldn’t really tell.

3. What are you listening to right now? I am switching between Andre Bocelli and smooth jazz, depending on what CDs are in the truck at the time.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? A cheese sandwich and cold spaghetti at 3AM this morning. I don’t usually eat at night like that but when I couldn’t sleep, I got hungry.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Hell yes, I learned how to drive on a farm.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My stepson- giving him an update of LB’s condition.

7. How old are you today? Fortyish….approaching fiftyish.

8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Hockey or football

9. What is your favorite drink? Diet Coke or ice cold beer. Depends on the time of day.

10. Favorite food? Pizza, a good piece of grilled meat, and anything spicy.

11. What is the last movie you watched? The end of Live Free or Die Hard, at 4AM this morning.


12. Favorite day of the year? The day after thanksgiving.

13. How do you vent anger? I cuss, I storm around and sulk, I take a drive, or focus on doing things around the house or yard, if the weather or time of day permits.

14. What was your favorite toy as a child? Hmmmm, I really can’t remember, I had a G.I.Joe, but mine didn’t have the kung Fu grip. Baseball stuff, my bike, living in a small rural town, I played outside a lot and spent a lot of time in the woods and at the creeks.

15. What is your favorite season? Fall

16. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries, but if it would have been a choice between Cherries and blackberries, blackberries win hands down.

17. Who is least likely to respond? I don’t know since I really only have about 3 or 4 regular readers.

18. Living arrangements? I live with my wife L, her daughter T, and T’s son LB. I also have my kids J and A one night a week and every other weekend. We also have a 16 yr old Lab/rott mix.

19. When was the last time you cried? I don’t remember.

20. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes and an old army footlocker filled with scouting memorabilia.

21. What did you do last night? Hung out at the house, watched a move with my kids till they went to bed, went through bills and junk mail, and then didn’t sleep after L went to the hospital. Watched history channel and movies till I finally fell asleep.

22. What are you most afraid of? Being alone and unloved.

23. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Cheeseburgers with pepperjack cheese.

24. Favorite dog breed? English bulldogs.

25. Favorite day of the week? Friday, I am wrapping things up and have two days of freedom.

26. How many states have you lived in? 3, MO, IL, and IA. If you count going to geology field camp in Utah for 6 weeks living, then the answer would be 4.

27. Diamonds or pearls? Being a geologist, I do know a thing or two about gemstones. I would have to say emeralds, or blue sapphires. They are much more rare than diamonds, when they are flawless. I also like brilliant aquamarines and topaz. Diamonds when they are cut right and flawless are beautiful and unique, but I agree with Vixen Kitten, when every gangsta wannabe is putting in their teeth or in their ears, just to show off how much money they don’t have, then it really cheapens the affect.

28. What are your favorite flowers? Irises. My grandmother had a huge bed of them in all different colors and I always loved the contrast between the flowers and the green bladed plant.


Five things most people would never guess about you:

1. I only have one eye. I have a prosthetic right eye, which brings a whole new meaning to the phase I use a lot: “blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other one.”

Long story short, I had a tumor in my eye as a baby, ( determined to be a birth defect) and had my eye removed at 9 months. I have grown up with it and so it doesn’t really affect me except that I cant watch 3D movies and get the full affect.


2. I can rummage through any pantry, kitchen cabinet, or refrigerator and come up with enough spices, staples, etc, to make a killer dinner on a moments notice.

3. People tend to view me as a big oafish type person, given my size and demeanor. They are usually surprised to find out that I am probably smarter then they are which in turn pisses them off.

4. I am a very sexual person and have been all my life.

5. I flunked algebra in high school and college. It took me 3 times to get a D in college and I took it a ran. Even though I have a BS and MS in Geology and a minor in Chemistry, I suck at math.

4 comments:

vixen kitten said...

You are the coolest! You can steal from me anytime.

I loved your answers. Especially the gemstone comment and your 5 things people wouldn't guess about you.

Oh and blackberries. Don't even get me started on how much I LOVE those.

I hope the little guys surgery goes ok, and that he has a quick recovery. Just get through today, and go home and get some sleep. Friday is almost here.

xoxo
~vk~

rockman said...

I have already picked 8 gallons of blackberries this year at my dad's farm and am going down on Sunday to pick more. My friend has started a new batch of blackberry wine (our 4th batch in 2 years)and I think I might try my hand at making jelly....maybe i will bring you a jar...;)

JennyMac said...

I love irises too. (And spicy food). Great post. You are not alone and you are surely loved with that big family (and great dog).

rockman said...

thanks JennyMac and welcome to my world.

YOu will have to let me know how you found me and what you think of things so far.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.