Wednesday, April 14, 2010

THE CODE OF THE WEST

I ran across this yesterday afternoon on the back of a business card from a gentleman from Wyoming. The quotes actually come from a book by James P. Owen, entitled Cowboy Ethics. As I read the words, it struck me as ironic that this is the way I think and how I try to live my life. Now some of you know that I may bitch and moan alot about my life and those in my life, but generally speaking, I do try to live by simple rules of responsibility and honesty.

Anyway, enjoy these little gems and let me know your thoughts. I am on my way to find this book and see what other pearls of wisdom I can glean from it.

1. Live each day with courage
2. Take pride in your work.
3. Always finish what you start.
4. Do what has to be done.
5. Be tough, but fair.
6. Whey you make a promise, keep it.
7. Ride for the brand (i.e., be loyal)
8. Tallk less; say more.
9. Remember that some things aren't for sale.
10. Know where to draw the line.


Happy Trails.......

2 comments:

MtnMama said...

Seems like a very good list, to me. Since I've chosen Colorado as my home, I can relate to the Western influence - rugged individualism, hard work, etc. Strikes me that the bottom line is "authentic."

Anonymous said...

Um..."whey you make a promise"? How does one do that? ;)