Friday, April 30, 2010

Cant Win for Losing

It started out innocent enough. L had been to the dentist and after 2 hrs in the chair and a new temporary crown, and two new fillings, she was home on the couch, resting and nursing a sore jaw. I came home with every intention of nursing her, fixing dinner, and enjoying a quiet evening.

I went shopping, bought groceries, came home, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, fixed her a pineapple, banana, and strawberry smoothie, and sat down to catch up on DVR programs. Then the phone rang. I could tell by the half of the conversation that i was hearing that she was committing us to watching the spawn, just not sure of the details. I lost it. I got up and stormed into the kitchen.

She asked what was wrong and I said nothing and proceeded to unload and load the dishwasher. I fumed around for a bit and then finally, she forced me to give her and answer and I said; "I am tired of your kids always planning our lives for us" . Needless to say that pissed her off and she tried to throw it back into my face that my kids have just as much if not more to do with our life schedule than hers do. I proceeded to tell her that yet again, she doesn't get the subtle difference that my kids are younger and thereby dependent on me where as her kids are all old enough to be taking care of their own shit.

We danced around the issue for a few more minutes and i decided that it was time for me to go. I left the house. Drove around for a bit, stopped by a friends house and visited with him and his wife, and caught up on life with them. Now this is my old college roommate, we live about 2 miles from one another and we have seen each other about 2 time since the first of the year. We are both busy with kids, family commitments and work, so i don't begrudge that time missed, but last night brought back alot of memories of good times past.

When i got home, i unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it again, and went to bed. She came to the room about 10PM and didn't say a word. Climbed into bed and we both attempted to sleep. At 11PM, I got up and asked her is she was going to talk to me and she said she had nothing to say. I asked her if she even knew why i got upset and she said that it was because we had to watch Spawn. I said no that was not the reason. The real reason was and still is that her kids take advantage of her and by default me. They call at the last minute and expect us to drop everything we have planned or even have remotely discussed on doing to bail them out of their child care dilemma or their current transportation issue. I am sick and tired of being responsible for everyone else's kids and their irresponsibility. I told her this last night.

Needless to say, our plan to drive into work together this morning and then go to my daughters softball game is now in the fucking trash heap because L has to pick up the spawn from daycare and then watch him to his dumbass mother gets off work.

I cant win for losing.....

No comments: