Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday List

So it is Friday, i am bored to tears at work, and I don't really have anything funny to put up today. So in my copious amounts of spare time today, I have been surfing the web to look for a list of questions or a MEME to post here and see if my followers and others will answer them or forward them on, thus expanding my sphere of influence.

After much surfing and not finding the perfect list, (part regular, part naughty bits, part philosophical) I decided to come up with my own. I hope you like the list and you will consider answering and forwarding the list on to friends and others in your blogosphere. If you don't; tough shit.....LOL

1. What was the first thing you did this morning after waking up?
Made love to my wife.

2. When was the last time you told your significant other how you felt about them and how?
About an hour ago, via a text message from my phone.

3. Is there some point in your past that, if you had a "wayback machine" and Mr Peabody could take you there, you would get a chance to "do over" something in your life?
I would probably go back to college and focus more on my studies and not goof off the first 2 years.

4. Why did you chose the profession/job that you have?
I enjoy being outdoors and working in the dirt, LOL. The scientific aspect of geology and the opportunity to be a scientist, working outdoors, and still being able to work inside when the weather was lousy was a perfect fit. Originally, I wanted to be an optometrist, but came to the realization, after flunking out of college, that i enjoyed working outside and would not like sitting in a office all day, listening to someone else bitch and moan about their problems.

5. If you won the lottery and you had to spend 10% of the winnings on the charity or cause of your choice, what would it be?
I would donate my portion to the local Boy Scout Council to upgrade camp facilities and to pay for less fortunate scouts to attend the events and functions that I had the opportunity to do as a youth. I would also endow a scholarship to my university with caveats so that the average student could go to college. Not that i am against smart kids, but they already have plenty of chances for financial aid. The average kids are the ones who struggle to compete for scholarships and they are the ones who need the most help.

6. Where would you spend your Christmas holiday, other than at home or with family, if money was no object?
I would like to spend Christmas in Europe. Germany, England, Ireland, Belgium, and maybe Russia if time permits.


7. What is the one (non-sexual) thing that your spouse or significant other does to you that turns you on the most?
L can turn me on just by walking up to me with that "come to the bedroom" look and with a simple touch or kiss and those eyes, i am ready to go.

8. What are you planning on having for dinner this weekend?
I am making a giant pot of chili for a bonfire party tomorrow night. Also going to grill about 10 pounds of chicken wings.

9. When was the last time you had a free weekend (i.e., no kids, no plans, no commitments, just go with the flow time.)?
I don't remember. I think it was sometime in July, but i could be wrong.


10. Finally, and in honor of the decision today to chose Rio as the host city for the 2016 Summer Games, what is your first recollection of watching the Olympics? Watching the tragedy unfold at the Munich Games of 1972 on TV.

Please feel free to plagerize this and forward it on. Just make sure you source the reference properly...LOL

Have a good weekend. Comments always welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's not Friday anymore...