Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who Ya Gonna Call

I woke up this morning with this thought running through my mind....

When did i become a fireman/policeman/banker/cook/baker/candlestick maker for everyone else?

When did being responsible and paying your bills, and taking care of your home, and obeying the law, and not being a general shitbum, go out of style?

It continues to mystify me and cause me uknown amounts of grief and angst that i believe in these ideals, and am ridiculed and chastised for them. I am labelled as cold hearted, heartless, mean, unforgiving, selfish, elitist. WTF

Comments?

3 comments:

Samsmama said...

Why in the world would somebody look negatively upon being a productive member of society?

rockman said...

Samsmamma,

You tell me...

It is one of the mysteries of society today why the 20-somethings can blame and justify everyone else for their laziness and irresponsiblity instead of looking in the mirror.

Samsmama said...

Sadly, it's not just 20-somethings. My ex husband falls in that category. And I'm not joking.