Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Good Morning Campers......

Well the medical crisis from yesterday was went from bad, to potentially worse, back to just bad. Suffice it to say a pregnancy test was involved and even though it came back negative and we all breathed a collective sigh of relief, the fact remains that a pregnancy test had to be administered at all was enough to reinforce my thoughts from yesterday.

THe verdict is still out on the kidney issue though and while there needs to be some serious investigatoin of the issue by trained professionals, the chances of that happening in the forseeable future are pretty slim.

On another note.....

I have this uneasy feeling about things with L. She is naturally private and doesn't open up very easily. My natural curiousity and inate ability to read people is usually right on, but she continually assures me that nothing is wrong and that i need to relax and not worry. Well, I do worry. I worry that she is holding back or weighing her options to move on, based on my disdain for her children's lifestyle choices and lack of personal responsibility. We had a long talk last night and both admited to each other that, despite being only 4 months from getting married, we have both had second thoughts about it, due to her kids.

Now I may bitch and moan alot about things, but generally, I am a fairly giving person and will help a brother out if they need it. And even though I complain and bitch about the kids, mine and hers, I usually come through with money, or support when they need it. But it wears thin when I feel like I am being taken advantage of and that they look upon her and I as an easy mark and a free ride. I keep telling myself and her too that when they finally take care of their own shit and quit relying on us to bail them out, then things will get better for all involved. But being Mom, she cant let go and give them the tough love that they need. She readily admits that she is an enabler and while she bitches just as much as i do about things and typically agrees with my assessment and opinon of what could or should be done; she for the most part, gives into to them. She has gotten better about it and I keep hoping that one of these days, the light bulb will go on and she will have her fill of things and tell them to sink or swim.

No comments: